A grassroots organization calling itself Habayit Haleumi ("the national home") plans to block traffic at intersections across the country Monday evening. Details are available at its website. I've translated the instructions for the event:
Moving to a resolution!
"Testing the tools" Monday 7 Iyar / 16.5.05
We're not waiting for the day of the uprooting; we're starting the struggle now:
- To strengthen the stand of the residents of Gush Katif
- To take the initiative in the campaign and stay a step ahead of the uprooters
- To disrupt the organization of the uprooting forces
- The date: Monday 7 Iyar (16.5.05) at 17:00
- Each activist should find at least 10 activists prepared to join him (the more the better). All the activists should meet at an intersection chosen by the group / its leaders.
- The group members should be divided between those prepared to be arrested and those not prepared.
- It's important to make clear that even those who don't want to help block the intersection should come to man it, create a "supportive environment" and film everything that takes place there.
- Before entering the intersection, all participants shall bind their hands with orange ribbon, think about the disaster that the citizens of the state must be spared, and enter the intersection slowly, sit down in the middle of it with hands raised to declare that they are not violent, and stop the country!
- Make sure that there are as many cameras as possible at the intersection: video, stills, digital, cellphones, etc.
- Take care that some of the event is documented from a distance to preserve the pictures.
- Each activist should take with him the pocket card with instructions for an arrestee, and an "arrest bag". Recommended supplies: Tallit and tefillin, two sheets, two topsheets, towels, underwear, change of clothes, flip-flops for the shower, books to read or study (this is the time to make up work...), toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap), small radio, phone card.
- Be arrested with joy! Remember: an arrest is a victory!
More details on their organization and its plans are available at the site. It's gonna be a hot summer.