Sunday, October 09, 2005

Top Ten New Mottos for Yeshiva University

In the spirit of YU's new Madison Avenue-style slogan (see here, here and here), I'd like to offer my own suggestions. Maybe Richard Joel will offer me a job?


From our head office on Amsterdam Avenue...
The Top Ten Mottos for the Rebranded Yeshiva University:

10. Putting the modern in Modern Orthodox

9. Torah for a new generation

8. Dude, where's my Torah?

7. Torah U'Madda: Two great tastes that taste great together

6. Bringing Torah to Spanish Harlem

5. As modern as possible (given the rabbinic faculty)

4. If you've got the time, we've got the Rav

3. Brighter than a burning bush

2. The same great YU taste with half the chumras


And the Number One Motto for the Rebranded Yeshiva University is:

1. This is not your father's Shulchan Aruch

7 comments:

BrownsvilleGirl said...

I love number six! If I'd have any hiring power...

daat y said...

you're hired!

Daniel Greenfield @ the Sultan Knish blog said...

YU? Y Not?

Menachem Butler said...

Torah u-Mudna ?

Soccer Dad said...

It's a floor polish. No it's a desert topping. No it's both.

Whoops.

Zman Biur said...

As long as I'm on a roll:

11. Now Brisker than ever!

12. The flagship of Modern Orthodoxy. Or is it Centrist Orthodoxy? Whatever.

Elie said...

Here's one my wife's brother came up with when my wife was graduating Stern 20 years ago:

YU: Mada-fied Torah.