Friday, October 01, 2004

A good day, a bad day

In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider; God hath made even the one as well as the other.

- Ecclesiastes 7:14




As Koheleth put it (above), there are good days and bad days. Sometimes they're one and the same.



Last night we enjoyed a gorgeous sukkah night, with friends and family at dinner, followed by comfortable breezes and a quiet night's sleep (as a lazy college friend once put it: When else can you do a mitzvah by sleeping?). A morning at shul, another lovely festival meal with guests. So far so good.



Then, as lunch was ending, I realized I was sneezing a bit too often. Before I knew it, I had a full-blown cold, headache and all. Into bed for me, this time safely indoors. I conked out for a few hours.



Vitamin C, tea, sleep - what am I forgetting? I hope this passes quickly so I can enjoy the rest of the holiday. Preferably in the sukkah, where I belong.

No comments: